Jekyll Island, Georgia Getaway


On October 27th I was fortunate enough to escape the duties of motherhood for the day. Myself and 18 other mommies loaded up in General Motor Vehicles.

I was able to drive the Hybrid Tahoe all the way up to Jekyll Island Club Hotel.

All the moms in front of the hotel.


Inside is gorgeous and the pictures do not do it justice. The hotel dates back to 1888 and this fireplace is original.



We enjoyed a delicious lunch and amazing key lime pie for dessert. (I normally do not like Key Lime Pie)




All the mommies outside on the porch, I love the oaks and spanish moss!



We then toured the Georgia Sea Turtle Center and saw numerous turtles in the turtle hospital.



I am from the south and I love visiting southern coastal cities and this island is on the top of that list. The island is slow-paced, beautiful and has that old time feel. I can't wait to go back to see everything decorated for Christmas. The Jekyll Island Club Hotel has several facebook specials for those wanting to check out Jekyll Island.

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails